Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ladies Conference in La Paz

Hello to all our faithful readers! So much has happened since the last post I believe it will be necessary just to post several times over the next few days so be checking often. First of all, God as always has been good to us. We feel very blessed to be serving here in Cochabamba.

Since the last post one of the most encouraging events for both Katie and I was a trip we made to La Paz at the end of May. We traveled because Katie and the other ladies of our team had been invited to participate in a national Ladies' Retreat for ladies from congregations in Santa Cruz, La Paz and Cuzco, Peru. What sacrifice and love these ladies showed by riding up to 20 hours plus on buses to come into La Paz. The ladies in La Paz were also very kind and had done a great job of organizing a wonderful 4 day event for the Christian women of Bolivia and southern Peru. Each night the ladies from a different city spoke. Saturday night was Katie's night and she did a great job at presenting a lesson prepared by all the Cochabamba ladies on encouraging each other with the five senses. While the ladies were enjoying their time studying from the Word together in the evenings the men from the La Paz congregation would get refreshments ready for the ladies. This time gave me great opportunities to get to know some of the La Paz brethren. On Sunday the whole church packed up in 3 buses and rode 3 hours to a town on the shores of Lake Titicaca which is one of the highest lakes in the world and forms part of the border between Peru and Bolivia. It was a little chilly but it was an incredible experience to worship in such a breathtaking place. The brethren in Bolivia and southern Peru treated with true humility, generosity and hospitality and Katie and I will carry the example of their Christ-like spirit with us always. After visiting we are even more excited to work with our brethren in La Paz and Santa Cruz and perhaps even in Cuzco. This is the post for today, soon I will post information on our new rental property which will be home to our Contact Center where Cochabambinos can begin to visit us. Thank you all so much for your prayers.

Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go to the ladies' conference. I'm encouraged just reading about it, so I imagine it must have been a huge blessing to you! Thanks for the pictures; it's so fun to see what you're talking about. I look forward to those other posts you promised. It's great hearing about your work there. I'll continue to pray that God blesses you and others through you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Forbesses! I'm so excited for you guys. Jeff, you sound very upbeat and positive. I'm glad Katie had a chance to speak to the ladies group...I know she did great! You are richly blessed and I pray for your success in bearing fruit for the kingdom almost daily. Darlene and I check your blog often and we are always thrilled when you've updated with a new message. Keep up the good work. Give my granddaughter a hug and a kiss from her Pops. Watch those corners.
Love, Dad